Saturday, June 16, 2007

Technology

This blog craze has got me thinking. Isn't it interesting how as technology improves the less personal our relationships become. In fact, this is the only way I am able to keep up with some of my friend's lives. We no longer have to ever talk face-to-face with people, we can now talk to them through so many different mediums. I guess it started a long time ago. Instead of going to see someone or write them a personal letter, we could call on the phone. Then we didn't even have to call people any more, we could just email. Then we didn't even have to email to keep up with someone, we could just send a text on a Holiday to let them know we still knew who they were. Then we didn't even have to contact our friends at all to find out what is going on in their lives, we could just look at their blog, and we expect they could do the same to find out about us. What is next? Maybe we all just play Second Life and never really establish any real relationships or build a life for ourselves? Well I sure look forward to that. I say if you really care about how someone's doing stop by and say hi, or if you live out of town phone calls or letters are great (email is fine too). But don't consider a relationship active if all you do is check each other's blog.

Seth

No comments: