Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Six Months

Chloe is 6 months old. Morgan is almost 2 and a half.

Six short months ago, I had a newborn and a 23-month-old.

As Morgan, Chloe and I ran errands today, I realized how much difference 6 months can make. Morgan has become such a great helper. Six months ago, errands with Morgan were quite a chore. Now he is so helpful, sweet and obedient - as long as it isn't too close to naptime. Before we left the house this morning, Morgan helped me take out the garbage, make his bed, pick up all the toys, and swiffer the floor (and the fridge and cupboards). He stayed right with me at the store, held my hand in the parking lot, and even got in and out of the shopping cart when I asked without a fight.



If you think this is just the crazy rambling of a sleep-deprived mommy, you are partially correct, but I am guessing you have probably never run errands with a 23 month old child - or at least not one like mine!

Later in the day, Chloe was playing on the floor during "tummy time" and I noticed that she was trying to get her knees under her so she could rock on her hands and knees. She is so close to crawling, it is crazy! Six months ago, she was just over 8 lbs, had skinny little legs, and the most exciting thing she did was smile. Now she is a 22 lb chunk and a half, rolling around everywhere, eating baby food, giggling, ticklish sweetie who is on the brink of crawling. One thing hasn't changed though, she is still nearly bald and what she does have is so blonde you can't tell it is there! As soon as I got the camera out, she started rolling over instead of rocking on her hands and knees, but you can kind of get the idea.




I just love watching my little ones grow, but it never ceases to amaze me how much can happen in such a short amount of time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Horray for Chloe! I can't believe that she is 6 months! Time is flying by! We miss you guys! We'll see you next week!