For the past couple of months Morgan has gotten really excited about testimony meeting. This morning he asked me if he could talk in the microphone and tell how much he loves Jesus (I don't know how he comes up with this stuff - the last testimony meeting was a month ago). I reminded him that this is called "bearing your testimony" and asked him to tell me about testimonies as a refresher.
I hoped he would forget this testimony notion by church-time since I was flying solo and had my hands full...alas, three testimonies in, the begging started, "I want to bear my testimony, mom," over and over again. Finally, when the pleas were heard by the row in front of us (sorry Jess), I decided to try and dissuade him without killing his entusiasm. "Don't you want Daddy to hear your testimony?" "How about bearing our testimony next time?" Nada, so I surrendered and said, "After this lady is done, you can bear your testimony."
Then I proceeded to prep him (as any good PR lady would) by asking what he was going to say...
"I love Heavenly Father and Jesus . . . I love the scriptures...my favorite story is when Jesus breaks the bread."
Sweet, simple, and the seedling of a beautiful testimony! When did he get so old?
When the lady finished, Morgan darted with exitement for the podium and I followed, but when he got to the front he got a little stage fright and didn't want to talk, so I verbalized his itty bitty testimony. The second we sat back down, he wanted to try again . . ."Next month," I said, "you can try again next month." (Seth - you better get next fast Sunday off!)
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







6 comments:
What a cute mom you are to be teaching him so well so young! That's a cute story. We had a mom today of a toddler who said she told him she was going to get up and bear her testimony, and he said, "But mom, where are you going to bury it?" She said, "I guess I better get up more often so he knows what it means to BEAR testimony!"
Lol. It is so sweet when the little ones are learning the gospel and want to share it! He is so precious! Keep up the good work.
That is the sweetest little testimony you delivered for your darling little boy! I cannot say that I blame you hoping Seth is there next time! I think that hardest part about testimony meeting is having to walk up there in front of everyone!
IT was so cute! I asked Eason when he wanted to bear his testimony. He said, "Never. I want to keep it a secret". Maybe we'll have to have a family home evening about hiding our light under a basket!
I thought he was so cute!! I am so glad Gage has never asked because I am too chicken to get up! You were very brave.
I love this post! So cute! Those are the small moments when you get to tell yourself what a good job you are doing and give yourself a pat on the back. Lilly still talks about Morgan a lot. Today he was riding in the back of her truck. And yesterday he was her prince and she was Cinderella.
Post a Comment