Today was Brynn's 2 week checkup. She weighed in at 7 lbs. 8 oz. (yes, that is an increase of more than a pound in just over a week - she is certainly growing fine despite her "diet") and measured 19 inches in height. That puts her in the 8th percentile for height and the 25th for weight - such strange numbers for me to get used to - I thought the high 70's were low!
That was the good news, and then came the bad...
Chloe and Brynn both have RSV (and probably Morgan too since he has similar symptoms, but I didn't have him with me to get checked). Brynn also has an eye infection and reflux (which we already knew, but now we have perscriptions to treat them). Since Brynn is so young, she is highly at risk of reaching the stage of RSV called "hypoxia" which would result in hospitalization and oxygen - yipee! So, we will be back to the doctor's office again on Friday to see how she is progressing.
In the meantime, I am feeling socially deprived from not leaving the house and a little like pulling my hair out dealing with 3 very onery and sick kids while still adjusting to being outnumbered by needy children and feeling a little under the weather myself. Even more depressing were the numerous offers and arrangements for help with the kids that I have had to turn down or cancel despite really needing a break! In a nutshell, it was probably the worst doctor day that I have experienced thus far as a mother - I couldn't help feeling like an irresponsible parent as we discussed the long list of ailments and treatments, even though there was nothing I could have done to prevent it. Thankfully, I have been extremely lucky thus far to have had such healthy kids. Hopefully, this is just a fluke and we will be back to clean bills of health soon!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
That is terrible to hear! We hope your cute little family gets feeling better! If you need anything, just let us know. We would love to help!
Hang in there Jen!! Lucky you live with a nurse!!
Asher has had RSV this week so I totally feel for you. Hope that everyone is doing better!!
Post a Comment