It isn’t an anniversary or holiday or anything of the sort, but I feel the need to tell my sweetheart just how much I love and appreciate him. In the midst of 3 kids, work, school, callings, landscaping a yard, going on "vacation" and all the craziness of life, I often get overwhelmed and exhausted by the hard and monotonous work of motherhood and forget to express appreciation to Seth for all he does. In fact quite often I find myself getting frustrated by what he doesn't do and not even noticing all that he does until I really stop and think about it. Sure he may leave his crusty dishes in my shining clean sink and forget to put a new garbage bag in the can after he takes it out. He may leave the cupboard doors open after he gets something out of them until all of the cupboards in the kitchen are hanging open. Sometimes he wrestles with the kids just before bed time and gets them wired and sleeps through pretty much every middle of the night waking, but the many many other things he does more than makes up for it!
So, Seth, thanks for all you do for our family. I do notice all the little things you do and all the big things too, even if I don't always tell you out loud! Thank you for taking out the garbage and the recycling and sometimes even remembering to replace the bag in the can :), thank you for taking Callie out on her leash every time she needs to go potty and making sure she gets out to run, thank you for making sure our kids eat breakfast in the morning, thank you for driving the whole way to and from California, thank you for downloading The Office episodes and burning them to discs so we can watch them together, thank you for running errands with me, thank you for picking up new movies from Blockbuster, thank you for planting our garden and taking care of the yard, thank you for musing with me about where the flowers should go…even though you really don’t care, thank you for taking the garbage and recycling cans to the curb every week, thank you for changing the oil in the cars, the filters in the heater and the many diapers you change when I’m not looking, thank you for always helping out when I ask, thank you for letting me pick out the kids outfits before you get them dressed, thank you for folding your own clothes, thank you for organizing the garage, thank you for studying hard and working hard and serving dilingently in your calling, thank you for putting family first, thank you for playing Wii with Morgan, snuggling up and reading to Chloe and making Brynn smile and giggle more than anyone else, thank you for always, always, always making sure we read scriptures together every day (even if I am already asleep), thank you for serving others without hesitation, thank you for your wonderful sense of humor and thank you for giving me such a wonderful and happy life! You do so many more things than I could ever list, and thank you for all of those too! I love you so much!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment