Well, we are moved in to our new place and slowly but surely getting unpacked. The kids are loving school and having a playroom and all of the wonderfulness of living in this new house, but all of it is so overwhelming to try and capture so I can share it with you here on the blog. I have a bunch of posts swimming around in my head that I haven't had a chance to jot down, so I thought I would start capturing the ideas - short and sweet - and get to the big stuff (first day of school, pics of the house, etc) as I can.
We lived in our Wilsonville, OR apartment for a total of 3 weeks. As I mentioned a few posts back, it was kind of awful. Apartment living is hard for a family of 6+dog and having a craptastic apartment is even worse, HOWEVER, we really fell in love with Wilsonville. It is way too far from Seth's work for us to have stayed there, but it was the perfect blend of small town meets big city. :) They had a costco (with gas, which is harder to come by around here), Target, multiple grocery stores, shopping close by, movie theaters, fabulous schools and decent city access, but there were these gorgeous farmhouses on acres of farmland with animals and crops. I loved the roadside stands selling fresh-picked tomatoes for $.50/lb. and the blackberry bushes lining the forest trail from our apartment to the dog park. It was so cool to be so close to the river and protected forest space even though you were in a developed little downtown area. Apparently there are outlet stores a few minutes away too, but I never got a chance to go (yet!). Anyway, the verdict is: I think we would really like to live in Wilsonville under different circumstances.
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment