Friday, September 2, 2011

3 months

Dear Ellie,

My sweet baby girl, you turned 3 months old yesterday and I find myself wondering where the time has gone. It has been a difficult time for our family since you started your life on earth. There has been a lot of crying, yelling, change, driving and stress. There has been very little schedule and very little time to sit and watch you sleep or think about how blessed we are that Heavenly Father sent you to us, but despite the craziness, you have been showered with love.

Morgan is your protector. He watches over you and loves to make you smile and laugh. He gives you a finger to suck on when we are in the store for the gajillionth time and you are letting me know that you are sick of it. He rocks your seat so sweetly and talks to you like you are the most precious thing on earth. I know he will be a stinker to you sometimes because he is your brother, but he will look out for you your whole life.

 Chloe is your social coordinator. She introduces you to everyone we "meet" as we make our way through the world with you. She loves to cuddle you and always wants to give you one last kiss or one last hug. You will love playing with her and I know you will look up to her. She will be a good example to you.

 Brynn is your buddy. She loves to talk to you and sing to you and help you feel better when you are stuck in the car running errands. She loves that she gets to sit next to you. You will tell her your secrets and share her clothes and get into mischeif together.

 Your daddy is amazing! I hope that you are as blessed as I to find someone like him to spend your life with. He adores you. He loves to spend time with you after the big kids are in bed so he can show you his silly faces and hear you giggle. You love him too. You get this sweet smile that covers your whole face and is so big your eyes squeeze closed when you play with him. You can count on him to take care of you and teach you and love you your whole life.

 And, though I have not been the kind of mom I want you to remember me as these first 3 months of your life, I want you to know how blessed I feel to have you in our family. I love your sweet personality and your patience and endurance. I love the sweet moments when we play together and when you smile when I come in the room because you know my face. I am so sad that I have not relished these 3 months like I should have, that I haven't taken pictures of your sweetness, and pretended you were still eating, just so I could hold you and stare at your gorgeous eyelashes a little longer.

 Ellie, without a doubt you were meant to come to this family right now at this crazy time. You have big things to do and learn and become. You are so very loved. I am so blessed to be your momma and to watch your bright future unfold before you. Before I know it, those chubby little rolls in your legs will be gone, and long skinny legs will take their place. Your fuzzy head will be covered with a cute little hairdo. Your sweet little lips will lose their little nursing callous and will form words and sentences. And I will wonder where the time went, but I don't want to regret not taking in more when I had the chance, so I promise to take the time to savor every second of your babyhood from here on out. I love you Ellie-belly-button! xoxo Mom

1 comment:

kalie said...

JEN!! This totally made me start bawling. BEAUTIFUL.

I am sorry that your transition to OR has been so stressful--but I am amazed at the way you have been handling it. I know you think your posts aren't that positive, but I DO! They are realistic and wonderful. People don't want to hear about how perfect things are--we want to know that we are not alone in wanting to pull our hair out sometimes! And that man was insensitive to the max. I am glad the teacher was so nice! We really miss you here. Everytime we walk past your house, I get a little pang of sadness, but I am so happy for you to have this great new adventure. Lots of love,

kalie