Thursday, January 10, 2008

Coos and Giggles

Chloe loves snowshoeing! She is definitely a girly girl but she has this fun little adventurous side just like mom. Today I got to carry Chloe in the backpack while we snowshoed. The entire time I heard coos and giggles in my ear. I am not sure whether it is the fresh air, the snow, or watching the dogs run around like crazy, but she loves it! She was even a good sport when we sledded back to the car in our sleds filled with snowshoes, backpacks and poles.

Morgan was adorable too, but it is no surprise that he loves adventure! His favorite part of the snowshoeing was making it "snow" by hitting every tree branch within his reach (Seth veered slightly to ensure many opportunities) and when we got back to the bottom, he wanted to sled again!

And I can't forget the dogs. They got the workout they had been craving jumping through the fresh powder! They always get excited when they see us getting decked out in snow gear, and Callie starts her "I'm-so-excited-I-can't-stand-it" whining as soon as we pass REI - she knows where we are headed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snow shoeing looks like so much fun. I haven't done it in years and even then I only did it a few times. You guys have inspired me to try it again. You are so brave to do it with your kids! I want to be you when I grow up!

Lori said...

Looks like fun. Where do you guys usually go snowshoeing where dogs are aloud?

Jen said...

There aren't many places to snowshoe or hike with dogs, so we usually end up in Milcreek canyon (dogs can be off-leash on odd numbered days) or Neff's canyon.