Lately, Chloe really loves her babies. Any stuffed animal, bear or doll will do (though she strongly prefers the dolly Grandma Becky gave her for Christmas), and she totes them around with her everywhere. DO NOT try to pry the baby from her hands, though, or you will be faced with World War III. She talks to her babies, gives them loves and kisses, tries to tie bows in their hair, tries to give them baths in mommy's bath water or the dog's water dish, and even tries to sit them next to her in the high chair (cloth dolls and real food don't mesh well, by the way).
I know that I frequently complain about Chloe and the emotional turmoil that comes with raising a girl (I know, I know, it only gets worse from here), but she really is a delight and such a precious blessing in our home. There is just nothing greater than getting random cuddles from Chloe when she is on her way to do something and decides to stop for a cuddle on her way. I will never tire of hearing her say "love you" with the sweet little inflection she uses or "thank you" when someone gives her something she wants. I love that she loves to read books and even more that her favorite place to read is sitting on my lap. I love how much she loves her Grandpas and her favorite uncles - she can't get enough of them and they can't get enough of her. I love (and hate) that she has a melt-down when her daddy leaves for school or work or just to take Morgan to the bathroom during Sacrament meeting because she is such a daddy's-girl and I love the look Seth gets when he is watching his baby girl play. I love that she adores her brother and I love that her brother adores her. The first person they each look for in the morning is each other and I can't help but smile when I see their faces light up as they are reunited after a good night's sleep.
I am so excited for frilly dresses and pretty bows, colorful tights and princess costumes. I look forward to playing with dolls and Barbies and having tea parties with warm water. As I watch Chloe interact with the world around her, I know that, while they come with their challenges, there is just something so sweet about a little girl and the potential of the woman she will be.







3 comments:
What a sweet post. Chloe is a little sweetheart. I loved seeing how "grown up" she was at playgroup too.
I loev the ribbon around her hair. Very cute idea!
Girls definitely are challenging, but so rewarding! Should we do playgroup next Wednesday?
I love sweet baby girls too! Chloe is becoming quite the young lady. It seems like they are a baby and then you blink and they are little girls! Wow.
Maybe you will get another one!
Post a Comment