Friday, August 15, 2008

Sentimental

Fall is in the air. Despite the fact that the air is still way too hot for my liking, I am surrounded by articles about back to school, ads touting discounts on crayons and glue, and everywhere I turn I see a display of backpacks. I know this happens every year, but this year all of it makes me feel a bit sentimental because this year my baby is heading off to preschool. It is only 2 days a week for a couple of hours each day and I can look out my front window and see his classroom, but it seems so daunting!

Morgan can't wait for school to start and is constantly talking about it, and I am excited for him to begin the adventure of school. I am excited for him to be immersed in social play, a fun learning environment, lining up and raising your hand, it is just a little sad to think that I won't be there for every new discovery or to protect him from the big scary world. I won't be there for every funny thing he says and I don't know how Chloe will survive those hours without her big brother!

And, while I am sure he could function without a backpack or stylin' back-to-school wardrobe, I just can't help myself. Back to School shopping is half the fun! But, don't be surprised if you see me at the Gap, Old Navy or the Outlets in Park City holding a backpack with tears streaming down my face, I'm just a little bit sentimental.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I think it's ideal that you get to live across the street from the school your kid goes to. It will help when you miss him to know that you don't have to go far to get him.