Friday, September 12, 2008

Quoteable

"Holy Cow, look at this mess!" -Morgan (in reference to all of the toys floating in the bathtub)

"There's not enough water in the bath, Mom. It doesn't even cover my button!" - Morgan (button meaning belly button, not enough water is apparently a cause for serious concern)

"Darn it! They are all gone!" - Morgan (referring to the cupcake he had just asked for, but didn't see in it's normal place on the counter)

"But the baby is hungry," - Morgan (as he carried a doll wearing one of Chloe's bibs downstairs for some food from his play kitchen when he was supposed to be eating his lunch)

"Come sit down right here next to me. I'm going to read the book to you, Mom." - Morgan (as he narrated every page of a Curious George book and The Missing Piece by memory, some of the pages were even verbatim. Did I mention that these are both library books that we have only read a few times - this kid's memory is amazing!)

I seriously wish I had these quotes in audio form...it was not so much the things he said but the very grown-up tones he used when he said them. I don't know if I will ever get used to the idea that my little boy is actually not that little, even though he reminds me that he is a "big boy" all the time!

1 comment:

heather said...

I love the cute things kids say. Those are awesome quotes.