Okay, so at our house this is really more like sweet seconds of prayer, but nevertheless. Morgan loves to pray. He always wants to be the one to say the prayer, and when I insist that someone else gets a turn he folds his arms and listens quietly until they are finished and immediately says, "my turn!" and proceeds to say his own prayer. Not only does he love to pray, but his prayers are so thoughtful lately. He says all the stuff he hears the "big people" say, but he also makes sure to thank Heavenly Father that Daddy gets to go to work or school (depending on the day), for getting to go to the ball museum (Discovery Gateway), for Curious George books from the library, for the ghost marshmallows from Grandma Becky that he gets to take in a little baggy to church tommorrow, and on and on. I love that he recounts the specific details of his day, and I love that he knows that his Heavenly Father cares about all of it! I am trying to make my prayers as good as his.
Morgan isn't the only pray-er in our family though. While Chloe has been folding her arms on cue for many months now when we tell her it is time for prayers, in the last couple of weeks, she has started keeping her arms folded for the full prayer and babbling quietly after whoever is praying when we say nighttime prayers with her in her room, as if she is repeating the words or at least adding her 2 cents.
I love that no matter what the members of our family are doing, when Seth says, "Let's pray," before he heads out the door for the day, everyone knows what to do and does it willingly! Does this mean I think my family is perfect? Absolutely not! But we are doing one thing right - at least for now - and the fruits of that labor are very sweet!
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Good for you! I love that our kids remind us if we send them to bed without prayers and a scripture. What a miracle it is to have the gospel to help us parent!
When we taught primary last year there would be weeks where we would have to let every child say the prayer before we could begin the lesson. They were 4 years old and their prayers were so cute and simple but you knew that they meant every word. :)
Post a Comment