Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pregnancy Update

So, I am now almost 26 weeks along and realize that I have not been sharing (or complaining - call it what you will) any pregnancy details. I am out of the sick stage and able to eat regular meals for the most part. I am smaller than I have been for any of my other pregnancies - which makes me happy, but still frustrated because I hate spending money on maternity clothes. Pretty much everything I have gained is right up in front - this is such a happy thing for me because I have never carried that way! I have monstrous heartburn, already, so I am taking Protonix and Tums like candy - this little girl better have a rockin' head of hair when she comes out! My hair has never looked this good during pregnancy - it is not going as dark as it usually does. I feel like a teenager with acne because my face is constantly resembling a pepperoni pizza - very annoying! My siatic nerve is causing me a lot of pain and frustration - every night at around 8 or 9, it gets so bad that I can barely walk. I sit/lie on a hot pad, but I still feel like an 80 year old with osteoperosis (ok, so I really don't know what that would feel like, but I have a vivid imagination). Making chicken really grosses me out - our dinners have really gone downhill since I got pregnant. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Colosimos Cheddar Cheese Brats hot off the grill, toast with homemade raspberry jam, and chex cereal with fresh strawberry slices. Mmmmm! This little girl is an acrobat. She loves to move - all day long - but especially in the morning when I wake up and right before I go to bed. The other day, I felt her foot from the outside of my belly and could identify it as her foot. She moves a lot when she can hear her brother and sister playing and laughing. Brother and Sister are really excited for their baby - the other day we were driving in the car and Morgan said, "Is baby sister out of your tummy yet so we can meet her?" Apparently he didn't notice the protruding belly that day! I am starting to get a little bit nervous for her arrival...mostly for the combining of rooms part. I have days where I can barely keep my eyes open because of fatigue and days where I am bubbling with energy.


So there's the scoop. I will post my baby bump soon. I need to take a picture first.

2 comments:

Mama Mimi said...

I found that pregnancy was the hardest most wonderful thing ever! How can it be both of those things at the same time?

Jack & Ashley Waters said...

You look really good! I won't guess you're that far along!