Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Love This Place


Today we took the kids to the Draper Temple Open House. It was such a neat experience for them to see the inside of the temple and feel the spirit there. They were so well behaved inside the temple (not so much during the movie beforehand) and Chloe was identifying all of the pictures of Jesus and Joseph Smith. I was fortunate enough to be able to hold Morgan's hand as we walked through and tell him more about each of the rooms as we were in them. When we were in the celestial room, I asked him how he felt and we talked about how our hearts felt happy. Even before the dedication, the celestial room is truly a special place with a special feeling in it. It is a humbling experience to share something that you find so special and sacred with your young children and I am so glad we went! If you have wanted to go and haven't been or just want to know more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and what happens in the temples, there is a week and a half left, click here to make reservations (or just show up like we did :))!

No comments: