Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Learning to Pray

Morgan loves to say prayers. If ever we start eating any meal without praying he gets a worried look on his face and shouts, "Prayers!" The other day we were out to lunch with my mom and when our food came he said, "Wait, we need to say prayers!" I told him that when we are in a restaurant, we say the prayer in our heart instead of saying it out loud.

He always wants to be the one to give the prayer. In fact, we usually say 2 prayers: one by Morgan and one by whoever was originally asked to pray. He even wants to be the one to help Chloe say the prayer, so he repeats whatever Seth and I say into Chloe's ear and then she says it too.

He is to the point where he usually says his prayers completely on his own. He always prays for the sweetest things...help Chloe to go potty in the big potty and not in her underpants, help me to stay in my bed, bless Daddy to get to work/school safe, thank you that I got to play the ball game today, help Brynn to not be sick, etc. Today's lunch prayer was particularly entertaining, he said, "thank you for the opportunity to eat lunch". I had to exercise serious self-control to keep from giggling! I love hearing him as he learns to pray!

No comments: