In attempt to actually be as good a mom as all of you think I am (haha, j/k), our family has started a new November tradition. It started out as an idea that could double as a way of counting our blessings and providing fall decor, but in the first couple of days, I realized that my plan was a little more complex than my time permitted, so,
the Tate Family Gratitude Journal was born...
and it is still cute enough to leave out as decor, just not in the same way I had planned.Every night, we go around and list our "thankful for's" and write them down in the book. I plan to keep it with the Thanksgiving decor (or maybe the Halloween decor, just to make sure it makes it out of the holiday decor box before Nov. 1) and pull it out each year to add to it. The only problem has been coming up with a title for it (as illustrated above by the big empty piece of paper where the title should be).
Any ideas (other than the most boring backup plan title "The Tate Family Gratitude Journal")?
It has been so fun to hear what the kids (and Seth) come up with. I have loved each answer, but here is a sampling of my favorites.
Morgan has been thankful that he got to be number 2 on the airplane to Hawaii in his preschool class so he got to sit next to Paul, that we took down the Halloween decorations and put up Thanksgiving decorations, and Christmas.
Chloe has been thankful for her friends (which she says almost every night, by the way, and usually lists names), Heavenly Father, her princess crown, and my favorite by far...her friends in her dancing class (except, she doesn't take dance...
hmmm, maybe a dancing class in her dreams?).
I have been thankful for my sewing machine, a sweet husband who rakes leaves and scoops poop, pictures, and healthy bodies and bright minds.
Seth has been thankful for days off, Hawaii, smart cute kids, and Brynnie's sturdy frontal bone.
and Brynn, well, I assume that she is thankful for the same things every day...
food, a clean bum, and a family who ADORES her every second of the day.
Hope you are having a happy season of THANKS!







1 comment:
What a cute idea! How fun to start traditions now that your kids will remember the rest of their lives!
Post a Comment