Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Christmas Traditions

I know it isn't even Thanksgiving yet, but since we have been eating turkey for a full week straight now (since our ward Thanksgiving Feast), it feels like it has already come and gone. So I bring you this post and hope you'll forgive me for jumping the holiday gun!

Over the past month as we have recorded our blessings each day, I have been craving a similarly enjoyable and magical Christmas season and wondering to myself how I can possibly pull that off with 3 kids, Seth in the midst of finals, shopping for gifts, ward activities, parties with family and friends, and all that comes with it. I have been reflecting on our holiday traditions and how, so often, the things we really want to enjoy as a family take a backseat to all that we "have to do". So, I determined that I wanted to get everything possible done in advance so that we could really enjoy the season. My shopping is 90% done, Christmas projects are about 50 percent complete, I have gifts ready to ship this weekend, and have all the major stuff we don't want to miss on the Calendar.

In the process of these preparations, I remembered my post from last year about our traditions and I was so excited to add our new traditions! In fact, I was so excited that I want more fun ideas for new traditions.

So, tell me, what are your favorite holiday traditions?

No comments: