I definitely spoke too soon with my last post...
(and consider this fair warning that this post is sure to be filled
with my complaints about the awfulness of pregnancy!)
Last Friday I literally called my mom from my bed at 10:00 am to see if she would bring me an asiago bagel from einsteins because every time I tried to stand up, I literally fell back down. Thankfully she came to the rescue with multiple asiago bagels and did my dishes and straitened up my kitchen (not an easy task, but, as she told me later...she knew I needed the help because my face was literally green when she got here).
I have yet to actually throw up this pregnancy, but the nausia doesn't ever go away...ever. 24/7 nausia. It is horrible! I have been able to eat quite a variety of food, but I absolutely cannot survive a full day without an afternoon nap (and usually that nap is 2-3 hours...and still not long enough). I take zofran with apple juice every 4-8 hours...and drink a whole lot of apple juice since it is the only thing I can drink that doesn't make me gag. I go days without even turning on my computer...which is quite unusual for me...good think I have email on my phone, or I would be completely out of the loop!
Today I am 9 weeks. This little one is the size of a grape and the heart is dividing into 4 chambers. It has eyelids and all of the major organs in place. The kids are LOVING tracking the growth...they look forward to Mondays when I get the email update complete with picture of the growing baby. "Is your computer connected to the baby?" Morgan asked me today. LOL! It is such a beautiful miracle to watch how this little one is growing and developing each week...and kind of incredible that something the size of a grape can make my entire body feel so utterly horrible!
I need to update about all of the Halloween festivities too, but since I am never on the computer, suffice it to say, we had a lot of festivities - and a lot of fun. Our activities committee threw a fabulous trunk or treat/dinner/carnival, Grandma Colleen hosted her annual trip to the pumpkin patch and halloween bash, I was in charge of Morgan's Kindergarten Halloween party, and the kids got to have a sleepover with Grandpa Mark and Grandma Char the night before Halloween (which meant a morning of sleeping in without interruption for me and Seth, but a night of no sleep for anyone having a sleepover). And finally a night of trick or treating in the rain with the Barlows...we were literally soaked to the bone! Anyway...lots of fun!







3 comments:
I once worked with an individual who would always say that life is better lived through chemistry. When it comes to Zofran I couldn't agree more. Hang in there!
Hang in there - I needed those long naps too (and still do) and going to bed early didn't help because I still woke up tired...Almost out of the 1st, a few more weeks, you can do it!! :)
How exciting #4! You brave, brave sole!! I'm way excited for you... sorry you are so sick! It beats going to the hospital everyday to get hydrated! (my poor sister). Good luck with things!!
Post a Comment