Wednesday, January 12, 2011

momma kisses

Lately I find myself showering my kiddos with kisses and hugs. Every time their cute little heads are right there next to me, I just can't resist. It is as if there is some magnetic pull at work attracting my puckered lips to the back/top/side/front of their heads or pulling my arms right around their little bodies. I think that part of me just wants them to know how much I love them right now...and in 5 minutes when right now has passed, I want them to know again, in this new moment that I love them so very very much!

This little face in particular draws me in so often. Maybe because I spend the most time with her when the big kids are off at school, or because she is my snuggler and loves to sit in my lap, or maybe because she is at such a wonderfully fun stage of life right now...


tonight she puckered up after her prayer and leaned toward me for her night time kisses...
and then she did it again...
and again...
and again...
and then she opened her arms as wide as she could and said, "hugs!"
So of course I obliged...
and again...
and again...
And as I said my last "love you" for the night and closed the door behind me, I heard her saying,
"I love you! I love you!"

I'm not sure why motherhood isn't considered glamorous
(although I know I definitely don't see the glamour sometimes)
because I don't think I could be happier if I were on a red carpet in a designer gown!

5 comments:

Andrea Mouritsen said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. I can't kiss my baby enough. I'm excited for the day when she'll kiss me back. :) I had no idea that this mommy thing would be the happiest thing that has ever happened to me.

kalie said...

I love being a mama, too. I had someone tell me once that it's kinda boring ... but I hardly think so! It's the most hilarious, sweet, unpredictable, rewarding job ever.

Andrea said...

I have the same problem. My kids literally have chappy cheeks from being kissed so much. I also threaten to squeeze them until their eyeballs pop out.

Diana said...

So sweet - isn't that what we could consider as a pay day as parent? It makes me so look forward to mamahood. Thanks for sharing.

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

oh my gosh girl i am the same way with my girls right now!! 2 and 6 months.. i just can't help but smooch em up. my 2 yr old is pretty lovey herself. motherhood is challenging ..but totally worth every sleepless night and "too busy to shower/breathe" day. :)

love your blog..i'm a follower now!