Chloe has learned to climb the stairs. She has been doing this for a couple of weeks now, but I was pretending it wasn't really happening by stopping her before she got more than one step up. I believe the technical term for this is "denial". But today, before I could catch her, she had made it up about 5 stairs to the landing. When I found her, she turned around and looked at me as if to say, "Mommy, look at me! I made it before you could stop me! Nehner, Nehner, Nehner (I am sure this is not how you spell this word, so I am hoping you know what I am saying)!"
I am just not sure I am ready for climbing stairs. Don't get me wrong, I love it when my kids get to be mobile enough to get up the stairs on their own (less for me to carry). What I do not love is that they learn how to go up before they learn to go down! I am typically not a very worried mom: binkis that fall on the ground, RSV, colds, ear infections - they don't scare me. But, when you get to things like falling down the stairs, hitting their heads on the corners of furniture and pretty much anything else invloving blood - I am paranoid!
So, congrats on the ascent, Chloe - now let's learn the descent so mommy doesn't go crazy with worry! We'll be doing down the stairs drills when she wakes up from her nap - wish us luck!
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I hear you!!! When Eason fell off the bed the first time as a baby, My heart stopped!!! It was only like a 2 foot drop, but I freaked. I checked his eyes the rest of the day to see if they were dilated, I woke him up during his naps to make sure he would wake up! Well, as you know, it happened more than once.
One day, my mother-in-law came over for a visit. We heard a 'thud' in the other room, and my MOL said, "What was that?!" I said very casually, "Oh, that was probably just Eason falling off the bed again." Her eyes got really big and I could tell she was just thinking, "Who in the *bleep* did my son marry?!"
Post a Comment