Monday, February 4, 2008

Obedience Training

From the title of this post, you may think I'm going to ramble on about my dogs, but I'm not.

Today we bit the bullet and bought a membership to Discovery Gateway. What a great place! Ashley, Jackson and Crew joined us for the fun adventure and the kids had such a blast! They didn't even want to leave to get happy meals at McDonalds!


Well, toward the end of our visit, the kids were playing in the "Construction Zone". I saw a yellow tube on a slant, and thinking it was a slide, told Morgan to go down. Since he has been "trained" in obedience lately, he immediately went up the stairs and got ready to go down the slide. He seemed to be taking a long time, so again I repeated, "Come on Morgan. Go down the slide!" with an encouraging tone. I looked up from the bottom of the slide and saw Morgan struggling to fit through the hole in the plexi-glass that was barely big enough to fit the blocks into (see picture). Apparently, the "slide" was actually a block chute. OOPS!

Down he came despite the roadblocks and much to my surprise! He is a very obedient child!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Hi Jen! This is Hillary (Rawlings) McCormack. I came across your profile and was so excited to see your darling and BIG family! I hope all is well!

Erin said...

We LOVE discovery gateway!!!! Eason feels the need to tell all the other kids how to do things, though. They look at him like, "who the heck are you?!"

Lori said...

That is funny. I love that place too. I will probably by a pass when gavin is old enough also.