Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Wielding of Scissors

Morgan has come a long way since that first day of preschool only 2 months ago. I remember being scared to death watching him use scissors that day, so today when he found some scissors I had gotten for him a while back, the nerves came flooding back and I demanded that he sit in my plain view so I could prevent any chopped off finger tips. To my pleasant surprise, he has mastered the scissors...as long as he picks them up the right way.

He chopped up 5 or 6 sheets of construction paper - first, into strips, then into smaller pieces, and even attempted a star and a curve. I was very impressed by how straight his lines were - there's the perfectionist in me. Sure it was a waste of perfectly good construction paper that he eventually started cutting up right into the garbage can to save time on clean up, but I was so proud of my little boy for mastering the wielding of scissors

And, as a sidenote, have I mentioned that Chloe has turned into a climbing machine? We have a counter height table in our kitchen with chairs to match, and somehow she has figured out how to climb up the chair and onto the table. Seriously - this is extremely dangerous - but apparently she doesn't care! I thought that since she is so high maintenance with all the girly stuff, she wouldn't be doing the daredevil boy stuff - think again!

No comments: