Sunday, November 2, 2008

Latest Happenings

My blogging absence has been due to the flu: Morgan flu, Chloe flu and Roxy flu. The worst of the 3 being Roxy flu which has lasted the entire week! If only I could train Roxy in the art of the red bowl! Luckily, I think everyone is finally over it and we can get our lives and laundry routine back to normal. Whew! So here is my catch up!

Monday for FHE we decided to make sugar cookies, decorate them all Halloweeny and take them to our buddies. We had so much fun cutting out the cookies with cookie cutters (sadly, this is the first time either of my children have experienced this), frosting them and sprinkling them...at least the first dozen or so. Then the kids were done and I was left with oodles of cookies to finish all by myself! Of course that was the night everyone started throwing up, so we didn't want to chance infesting our buddies with the flu and kept the dozens of cookies. I did send a bunch that I knew the kids hadn't helped decorate with Seth to work, though, and they enjoyed them.
Morgan had his preschool halloween party on Thursday and got to wear his farmer costume, which he loved, and then we went out to lunch with Grandpa Mark at the Olive Garden after the kids modeled their costumes for him. Yum!

Friday, we spent the day cleaning up more doggy flu messes and doing lots and lots of laundry until it was time to get in our costumes and head to Grandma Becky's for chili in pumpkin bread bowls and more costume modeling. Since we knew that Chili was on the menu, we didn't change Chloe into her costume until after dinner, but she looked darn cute in her Halloween outfit!
Chloe's first encounter with Trick or Treat - so, if I say "trick or treat" they put candy in there?
We met up with lots of our buddies at Trunk or Treat and then went Trick or Treating for about an hour before heading back to our house for donuts, hot chocolate and hot cider. It was so much fun! By about 8:30 the kids were ready to hit the hay from such a long and fun day. This is the first year that I have really enjoyed Halloween since I was in Jr. High. It was so cute to watch the kids go trick or treating. They were in heaven! Morgan was so polite saying "Thank You" at every door and was running ahead with his buddies to every house they spotted with the lights on! Chloe liked trick or treating more than I could have ever imagined! Seth carried her on his shoulders for most of the time and she would not let him skip any of the houses the other kids got to go to. She would point and say "treat" incessantly until he would give in and take her up! She said "trick or treat" at every door and was so pleased that the result was candy for her pumpkin! Morgan got in the stroller and told me that he was ready to go home and get donuts and hot chocolate, but Chloe was still wanting more! As I watched them trek up to every door, I just kept thinking how darling they were getting all excited about all of this candy. They made it out with a HAUL! We have so much candy I don't even know what to do with all of it.
Seth loves Halloween - especially Trick or Treating. He would go whether we had kids or not! This year he dressed up as white trash and yes, he had his own bag of candy!
This was Seth's outfit of choice for answering the door to trick or treaters after the kids went to bed. Even though Seth has more hair for the clips, the ears look much cuter on Chloe I think!
Saturday was the funeral for my Grandpa Bell (paternal Grandpa). He had been battling 2 different forms of terminal cancer in hospice care for the last 6 or so months and so we were grateful for the end of his suffering. I didn't expect it to be such an emotional day for me, but I found myself completely exhausted from all of the tears and juggling two very candy-wired children by myself as Seth had a mandatory training for work. It was so nice to remember all of the good times with Grandpa - many that I had long since forgotten - and to spend time with family that we very rarely see.

Anyway, that's what we've been up to! Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween! And seriously, is it already November? Crazy!

4 comments:

nickle said...

I'm glad everyone is better. It is no fun to be sick, and having to deal with the clean ups.

Jack & Ashley Waters said...

Oh you guys are funny. Your kids are so cute and I have a little Halloween treat for them next time I see ya!

Mama Mimi said...

You have such a cute little family. Sad to hear about the flu! We need to see your baby bump again!!! Post a Pic!

heather said...

Doggy flu and pregnancy is not a fun combination...so sorry! Cute Halloween costumes and sugar cookies are my fave. I was telling Erin that you girls always make me hungry!