But...
this year is different and special and wonderful in a whole different way. Morgan has Miss Fidge. Wanna' know who else had Miss Fidge for 4-year-old preschool? ME! 22 years ago a little curly haired girl - most likely wearing a dress - walked into Miss Fidge's classroom (in a different school building) holding her mommy's hand, placed her bag in her cubby, put on her name collar and found her seat without a glance back at that mommy.
While I can't remember a whole lot about the details of day-to-day elementary school, I remember everything about Miss Fidge's preschool class. I remember Thanksgiving dinner dressed up like an indian, I remember the Easter Egg Hunt with my basket made of a milk carton, I remember performing 5 Little Ducks Went out to Play in the graduation ceremony wearing my graduation cap, I remember bossing all the other kids when we played house (with the same wooden kitchen set Morgan gets to play with), I remember my Mom coming to help on her co-op days and getting to help her serve the snack. I remember singing Alligator Soup, Tiny Tim, Wide Mouth Frog, My Name is Stegosaurus and all the other wonderful songs we learned. Most of all, I remember feeling so loved by my wonderful teacher. I am excited for Morgan to experience all of this for himself...and I know he will, because Miss Fidge is just the same!
And of course...here are the pictures of Morgan the " Stud Muffin" on the first day!

Chloe helped to calm any nerves Morgan may have had with big hugs before he left for school.
Miss Fidge, Morgan, Miss Allyson - Morgan got a little timid when we walked in...
But with some fingerpainting, song singing and puzzles...
he warmed right up! And he got to answer the question about siblings...he was excited to tell about his 2 sisters, Brynnie and Chloe.
Then we played on the playground for good measure before we left to pick up the girls.They have a Class Family Photo Album in their reading center that they can look at during their free choice time. We were asked to create a page showing our child and their favorite things. Here is Morgan's page.
(Note: This assignment was given to the parents...not the kids...I don't do his homework for him. I did make him help me pick out the pictures though, and he listed off the things he liked, wrote the signs and posed for the pictures!)
front








3 comments:
I'm so glad he loves his new school. He is seriously a good looking boy. I love his first day pics.
Miss Fidge is looking great, I must say. Morgan too!:)
Wow! You are miss super mom! That homework assignment in A++. ...and Morgan is pretty super too! He is so cute!
Post a Comment