Here are some pictures from the fated Trunk-or-Treat that consumed our lives for the last couple of weeks.
Morgan in his spider costume walking the runway during the costume fashion show
Little Miss B in her Ladybug costume sitting on the table during dinner, of course. And, yes, those are twinkle lights...and real carved pumpkins on the tables as centerpieces next to the water jugs with eyeballs floating in them...this activities committee knows how to throw a PARTY!
(seriously, though...those of you on the committee...you totally rock!)
And...since I didn't snap a single picture of Chloe in costume when she wasn't shoving treats in her mouth/all over her costume, I decided to show you her haircut from this week instead. No cookie cutters haircut for this girl...her momma got sick of the mullett and whipped out the scissors! She is finally back to where she was about 18 months ago...with a little bit of residual shortness on her right side. But, hey, it is looking better every day!The kids are costuming up for Grandma Colleen's Halloween Party today, (after some modifications to each of the costumes from trunk-or-treat wear and tear) so I will make sure I get some good ones of everyone in costume. I know you are in suspense!
And now I will leave you with some random thoughts and observations...
This morning while I am typing this blog post is the first time my kids have turned on the TV (really, they never watch TV, only movies, but we call it TV) since Sunday. I want to remember this moment so I don't feel quite so bad on the weeks where they watch a movie every day.
Made this recipe last night...mmmm! Adoreable and delish!
I know my library books are overdue, but I don't know how overdue they are.
Even though we don't need to be anywhere until 11:00 today, we will still be rushing to get ready and probably late because I am enjoying lounging WAAAY too much!
The new facebook layout is really driving me crazy. And, on a similar note, why can I not convince my hubby to be my friend on facebook.
My puppy-dog faced-request, Please be my facebook friend sweetie...
was met with, I am a face-to-face friend only!
Yesterday I went to make this rice and poured everything into the rice cooker...without the removeable bowl (yes I poured it directly into the heating unit part). The worst part...I didn't realize that the bowl was missing until I had turned the cooker on and closed the lid and found the bowl sitting next to it in a puddle of liquid draining from the cooker. (Apologies if this is confusing...it was one of the blonder things I have done in a very long time) I have always wondered why they would even need the sticker on the cooker that says "to Prevent Shock, cook only in removeable container"...what stupid person would...oh, yeah, me!
Grape juice canning is complete...
if you have grapes and want to give them to someone to can...do NOT call me!
How is one to decide what to wear when the weather changes its mind so frquently throughout the day?
Yesterday I had my kids skip naptime so I could put them to bed early.
I did that so that I could watch the Thursday night NBC lineup, uninterrupted.
It was so worth it!
Jim's costume...always a classic!







5 comments:
The cutest ladybug costume!! I'm going to take a stab and assume you made it. You are my hero. Miss you!
Chloe's hair is so cute! I am impressed. I am glad we have your guidance on the activities commitee. I always know our activities will be impressive. Are you up for sitting together this Sunday or was it too chaotic?
i am sure that springview wards activities are the best in town, with you fine ladies.
Love Chole's hair, love Brynn's costume, love Morgans sweet smile...and love you!
Your kids are so stickin' adorable!
Your activity looks like it was a rockin one! So sorry I'm missing them :( The costumes look great!
Post a Comment