Sunday, October 4, 2009

Just so you know...

The next day was better...

and my father-in-law fixed the dishwasher

and I made the most amazingly wonderful chocolate chip cookies...
and ate most of them myself

and General Conference was inspiring
and uplifting
and touching

and I read a novel this week for the first time in a very.long.time


And today was absolutely lovely...
sleeping in until 7:30
the whole family piling in our bed
and then getting out and entertaining themselves
so Seth and I could stay cuddled in bed and pretend we were sleeping in until 9:00
eating a fresh garden omelet for breakfast
making peach butter
making kool aid play-doh to occupy the kids during conference
watching conference
sewing Halloween costumes
soaking up the awesomeness of conference
watching some more conference
admiring the most adorable Halloween costumes ever
dinner and a movie with family
pie with another family
all 3 kids down to sleep without a fight.
Yes, it has been a lovely day!


In a strange way, I am grateful for the
terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days
because...
they make me appreciate that most days are not that way
and recognize that so many days are so wonderful and rewarding.
they make me appreciate the sweet little moments
and the sweet BIG moments
and all the sweet moments in between.

1 comment:

sunshine said...

That's a good way to look at things! I'll start appreciating the bad days, so I can see the wonderful joy on the good days too! You should bring the kids and come over soon!