said Chloe this afternoon at her birthday party!
And, ya know, when you only have 3 to compare, it is pretty easy to make a statement like that!
Three is the golden age at our house...the first year you get a "friend" party
and we like to make it a big one!
Three is the golden age at our house...the first year you get a "friend" party
and we like to make it a big one!
It was a fancy tea party birthday...
we made jeweled and sparkly placemats
ate lunch of tuna and cucumber mini sandwiches, jelly rolls, little cheese cubes, strawberries and bananas...with fancy toothpicks of course! And lemonade "tea" to drink.
(which we really called lemonade so we didn't cause any worry
for little people whose families don't drink tea)
A LOT of tea was spilled on the floor (mostly by the birthday girl herself)
and "I need more tea/lemonade/another spot of tea" was heard
pretty much constantly throughout the meal.
pretty much constantly throughout the meal.
Then it was on to cake...but petit fours are better than cake because
they are mini and cute and "tea party" sized. Love!
the kids just loved the mini umbrella toothpicks too.
And then there was dancing, and Morgan dressing up in a princess dress
(which was very amusing for the girls) and opening presents,
which is a very hands on activity at a 3 year old birthday party!
Everyone "helps" open the present they brought and then they all want to play with them! Fun!

(yes, friends, that is Morgan in the green dress!)
Chloe loved her new pettiskirt that she got to wear with her birthday shirt too
(I miraculously finished it yesterday afternoon...cutting it a little close)!
Finally they each got to pick out a ring pop, candy bracelet and real bracelet and then
it was time to play until the moms came to get them.
It was a blast and her comment made it worth it...
sticky floor and all!
That said, I need a very long nap!










2 comments:
I don't know why we kill ourselves over our kids parties, but its rewarding when they love it so much. It looks like tons of fun.
I hope you realize that one day when I actually have kids of my own, I will be calling you off the hook to get ideas and learn new things from you. You are absolutely amazing!
Post a Comment