Saturday, November 3, 2007

Good Morning Mommy

Now that Morgan is in his new room, he is so much better about sleeping. It used to take me up to 3 hours to get Morgan to go to sleep for naps and sometimes even at bedtime. Since the move downstairs there has only been one incident when he didn't go right to sleep and even though he was awake he still didn't get off of his bed - amazing since all of his toys are in his room.

This also holds true in the mornings. I have told him numerous times that he is welcome to get out of his bed in the morning and play with toys or come upstairs and get me, but when he wakes up he just sits in his bed and yells "Mommy, I wake up!" until I come downstairs and say good morning. Usually, when I walk in the room I say "Good Morning Morgan!" and he replies, "Mommy, I wake up" with a giant grin and little bit of laughter in his voice, but this morning, before I could even say Good Morning, Morgan smiled at me and said "Good Morning Mommy!" It melted my heart (particularly after being up with Chloe numerous times and not having a very "good" morning)!

Yesterday, Morgan and I ate lunch together after Chloe went down for a nap, and it was the first time I was able to actually sit down with him and eat lunch in the last few weeks. As we sat there dipping our apple slices in caramel - yum! - and chatting and giggling about silly things, I remembered why I love being a Mom (and I sure needed the reminder after this crazy week)! I love just hanging out with my little buddy.

And I certainly can't leave Chloe out. Last night after Morgan went to bed, I put her on the changing table to change her diaper and she looked right at me and started giggling and grinning. Maybe she was just extra ticklish, maybe I looked funny, or maybe she was just in a silly mood, but whatever made her laugh, it was another sweet moment to remind me about the joy of motherhood.

Parenting has its ups and downs, good days and bad days, long naptimes and shorter ones, but all in all, when I think that I get to be Morgan and Chloe's mommy forever, every morning is a pretty good morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this post makes me smile! I forgot...that's what parenting is all about isn't it? Hang in there Jen...Seth will be all done with work soon! :)