If you were in our sacrament meeting on Sunday this is what you heard from the pulpit when a little 3-year-old boy stood at the pulpit with his daddy...
(whispered)
Morgan - "Daddy, I need some help."
Seth - "Say what you told me you were going to say."
M (still whispering toward Seth) - "I love Jesus and I love the Book of Mormon..."
S - "You have to say it louder into the microphone."
M - "Will you help me?"
(finally in an audible voice with Seth whispering in his ear)
M - "I love Jesus and I love the Book of Mormon. I love my Family. I love Heavenly Father. In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
He really wanted to go up and "say his testimony in the microphone" from the beginning of the meeting, but being my lazy self, I let him forget about it. When the meeting was almost over, though, he reminded me so I asked him what he would say. He told me verbatim what you just read and I said "OK, tell Daddy you want to go up." So he did and up they went (much to Chloe's dismay). He knew just what to do - moved the step to the podium - stood there and then gave his sweet and simple testimony of the Gospel. Nobody told him what he should say (Seth whispered in his ear, but they were his own words) or forced him to go, and that was the best part: it was his testimony.
Sidenote: The other day he was saying his prayers before bed and amidst his thank you's he said, "Thank you for the Book of Mormon". Niether Seth or I have told him to say that in his prayers before, (though we often say thank you for scriptures) so we aren't sure where he got it from, but we are grateful that he is learning to love The Book of Mormon. So sweet!
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment