Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Whew!
Well, after worrying for 2 days straight about the sweet little baby girl in my tummy, I had the diagnostic ultrasound this morning and everything is good. She has a strong heartbeat, the fluid levels are good and they have ruled out placenta problems. She is, however, on the small side of things - especially for one of my babies - weighing in around 5 1/2 lbs. That means that even if she gains a pound this week (like she is supposed to) I am going to have a baby that weighs less than 7 lbs. at birth. This, friends, is monumental for me! Chloe was 8 lbs. 1 oz. 8 days early, and Morgan was 8 lbs. 13 oz. 8 days early. Quite a difference - so here's hoping for an easy breezy delivery next Wednesday thanks to a much smaller baby, a body that has experienced much worse - twice in the last 4 years, and, of course, the wonder of epidurals! Yipee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Great news! So happy all is well. I am so excited for yoU!
Glad that everything is okay. It's getting so close! I know what you mean about being used to big babies. Maybe she'll get to wear some cute NB sizes for longer than a week!
Good Luck Jen! Sorry i didn't make it to play group! Let us know how everything goes, we'll be thinking about you!!!
I'm so glad everything is ok with your little one. It is so stressful when they are still inside you and you can't see them to make sure they are ok!
Post a Comment