First, I must say: Thank you Mr. Sun for shining your bright face this afternoon...we really appreciated the sunshine!
Brynn had the last of her 3 Roseffin shots today. The congestion has not cleared up at all, though, and the infections are still raging in both ears. They tested her nasal drainage this morning and the tests for RSV and the flu all came back negative, so we really don't know what is going on with her. In the meantime, we have to go in to get her nose suctioned out every 4-6 hours as needed so that she can breathe and eat and are hoping that she starts getting better soon - though there are no signs of that at this point.
You would think that since she is our 3rd child we would be seasoned pros at sick babies, but she is the first one to get really sick, so it is all a little stressful and overwhelming (thus the play-by-play narration).
Sadly, this also means we are postponing her blessing which was scheduled for this Sunday, but I will post pictures of the dress and headband for you as soon as I take them! :)
The older kids are still fighting a cold and their need for sleep, so if you have encountered us in the last couple of days, you have likely seen one or both of them throwing a tantrum on the floor while Brynn is screaming because she is hungry and can't eat! This is pretty much the norm right now, so I stocked up on Disney movies the kids have never seen from the library, Kleenex boxes are strewn throughout the house, I have accepted the fact that crying is going to be pretty much constant background noise right now, and I have vowed to never again have a baby in January.
Oh yeah...we are having some serious fun around here! Hopefully things are a little better tomorrow for Chloe's birthday!
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
You poor thing(s)! It is sooo hard when your little ones are sick- you feel bad for them, but it makes life torture for you as well! I hope it all clears up very soon.
Oh, don't feel bad about postponing the blessing- We postponed Eason's twice! He didn't seem to mind!
Hang in there...ear infections and respiratory issues are really hard but you are one of the most optimistic hard working mothers I know. A mother warrior!
So sorry Jen! Is there anything I can do for you? I have the whole day off tomorrow and would love to do anything you need. Call me! We missed you at church and not having playgroup.
Hope you are hanging in there! You have had a rough few weeks. Thinking about you!
Happy Birthday to Chloe. The nastiness has been going around. You're amazing that your still semi-sane with three. I can't handle my 1 being sick.
Post a Comment