Today, I picked Morgan up from school and as we were leaving the parking lot, my phone rang. I missed the call, but when I saw that it was Seth, I called right back...until I realized that I was Seth at our home number. Um, last time I checked, nobody was at home. Turns out it was Morgan calling me from the backseat from the home (cell) phone which he had taken with him to school. A few things followed...
1. I laughed...really hard.
2. I tried to compose myself...unsuccessfully...and laughed some more.
3. Finally got a grip and told Morgan that he is NEVER ever EVER allowed to take the home phone to school. The reason it is called a home phone is because it is supposed to stay at home. Clever, right?
4. Asked him if the phone rang while he was at school...thankfully it didn't, but he
told me that his teacher said that the rule about phones is they can't go out to recess.
5. Realized that this meant his teacher had seen the phone...and then turned beet red thinking that
now she thinks I am the kind of parent that gives my child a cell phone in Kindergarten.
6. Started composing the email in my head that I would have to send to her explaining (and apologizing).
7. Call Seth and tell him how hilarious our children are.
Hope you had a good laugh...I need to go type the email to his teacher...
Hope you had a good laugh...I need to go type the email to his teacher...







1 comment:
Another laugh! Thank you!!!
Post a Comment