I am a super slacker to post this stuff without pictures, but I know by the time I take the pictures and remember to post them, I will already have forgotten. So, I give you a bunch of random stuff I want to remember:
- I did Chloe's hair in big wavy curls today with a cute little fabric flower bow. She looked way too grown up. Every time I thought to take a picture she had chocolate ice cream or yogurt or macaroni and cheese on her face, so I didn't, and I am not sure I am ready to recreate it because I don't think I can handle another day of her looking so grown up. She was absolutely beautiful, though, and she knew it. All day she walked around telling everyone that she had pretty curly hair that her mommy gave her. It made my day that she was so happy about something I did for her.
- Brynn sucks her thumb. Not only that, but she loves stuffed animals. She loves to suck the noses of her stuffed animals. Every.single.time she picks up a stuffed animal (even off the shelves at the store if I don't catch her fast enough) she immediately opens her mouth and inserts the nose of the stuffed animal in it. You can tell her favorite stuffed animals by the wear on their noses. And, while it kind of drives me crazy, it is a sweet reminder that she is my baby and I know I will miss it when she gets big enough to stop.
- Morgan is reading like a champ! I love finding him sitting with a book and hearing him sounding out the words to himself, just because, or writing random lists of things and stories. I can take absolutely no credit for his active little brain and love of learning, because I don't do nearly as much as I should with him at home, but I love how much he loves learning. (I guess I can take credit for choosing the perfect school for his needs and driving him there every morning...that's a contribution, right?)
- I am 26 weeks along. That means I am entering my 3rd trimester...ummm, that happened REALLY fast! I saw the picture I posted a few weeks ago and coveted my own body. I am getting bigger every second, it seems, and all the wonderful stuff that accompanies the "huge" stage are appearing/continuing: daily heartburn, sciatic nerve pain, lack of breath, tossing and turning at night because I can't get comfortable, constant need to pee, fatigue and expansion of my legs, hips and bum. I keep reminding myself that I will eventually get back to my skinny body that can roll around on the floor and carry kids around and stand up without pain and something to hold onto, but it takes a lot of reassuring for my vanity to believe it.
- They are coming to measure for carpet this week. I can hardly believe we are this close, but I am so excited! We looked at carpet until I couldn't even tell the difference between the colors anymore (or maybe I just got so sick of it that I didn't care?), but I am excited to leave the next homeowners with something much better that what we have lived with for the past 6 1/2 years. All that is left is paint touch up inside, paint touch up outside, packing lots of stuff into a storage pod and some deep cleaning and we will be listing!
- Seth finished his rotations at the U of U ER. It was a really long 8 weeks of 7 days a week most weeks. The shifts were always longer than planned and it was extremely taxing on our family, but the next (and final) rotation is office hours 3 days a week, so he will only work 6 shifts a week (3 8 hour clinicals, and 3 12 hour work shifts). Crazy to think that I am excited about that being a "break", but oh...I am excited for the break!
- I cleaned out my fabric stash and now have a couple of large cuts of fabric that I would like to sell and some smaller cuts that I need to donate somewhere. Anyone know where to sell or donate fabric? Also...why do I buy so much fabric? must.stop.doing.that!
- I thought we had come to terms with forgoing loan repayment and staying in Salt Lake (because I really would prefer to just stay here and not venture into the scary unknown). But, in the best interest of our family and getting out of student debt sooner than later, I have been persuaded to consider out-of-state opportunities (Seth is very happy about this!). While it is still scary, I am growing fond of the idea of a new adventure for a few years. We will begin applying to positions this week. It will be nice to have some kind of plan and direction instead of being in complete limbo. If you have positive thoughts on moving outside of Salt Lake, please feel free to reassure me. My emotional state is like a rollercoaster and I can use all the positive energy around moving away that I can get! If you have negative thoughts...maybe it would be best not to share them right now. A few of the places we are applying: Portland, Seattle, California (a couple of places), Moab and Hawaii...Hawaii is a very long shot logistically, but we will apply and see what happens, and if we end up there, you all better come and visit us!
- I still love pinterest.
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
The thought of moving away is scary, but from what I've heard from anyone who has done it was that it was one of the best decisions they ever made. I think it forces you out of your comfort zone, and you would learn to appreciate your family even more. Plus, you get the opportunity to meet and love new people, and giver your children a chance to experience something other than Utah. I say go for it! Apply and pray and talk and plan, and it will all work out for the best.
Moving has always been an adventure for me and I swear my personality was determined by my parent's frequent need to move. I can't recommend it enough. Nothing will make you grow and push you further than the unknown.
Hollister.
Post a Comment