The beautiful spring weather lured us outside today. We have a membership to the zoo (a must if you have kids) and love to go on weekday mornings when nobody else is there and the animals are active. Since Seth was off, we decided to load up the kids and head to the zoo to enjoy some of the beautiful sunshine and warm weather.
Well, when we got to the zoo, we realized that it was a free admission day - translation: extrememly crowded. My first inclination was to go back to the car and head to the children's museum or the aquarium (everyone in Utah and their kids were at the zoo, so I'm sure the children's museum and the aquarium were empty), but we trekked on because Morgan really wanted to see the monkeys and elephants. When we stopped to look at some monkeys perched on a branch and cuddled together with their tails intertwined, I looked down at the kids in the stroller and this is what I found...
Well, when we got to the zoo, we realized that it was a free admission day - translation: extrememly crowded. My first inclination was to go back to the car and head to the children's museum or the aquarium (everyone in Utah and their kids were at the zoo, so I'm sure the children's museum and the aquarium were empty), but we trekked on because Morgan really wanted to see the monkeys and elephants. When we stopped to look at some monkeys perched on a branch and cuddled together with their tails intertwined, I looked down at the kids in the stroller and this is what I found...
Chloe cuddled up to Morgan with her head on his shoulder the whole time. Our zoo outing wasn't so bad after all!
Also, I have to say that, while it may get a bad rep from some, I love McDonalds. I love that I can sit in my car, order a decent lunch for my kids and cut back on my toy buying fettish without missing out on the excitement of "new toys" (that's the fun part anyway).







4 comments:
Such a sweet picture! They look like they are having so much fun. I guess I will need to get a pass to the zoo soon.
What, are you "members" too good for Free Day at the Zoo??? J/K good to see you guys there!
It was fun to see you guys too! Miranda is so cute! It isn't that we are too good for free day, just that we are used to going when there is no one there, so crowds are a major downer!
My membership is up 3/31, do want to maybe hit the zoo next week on a sunny, non crowded day?
Post a Comment