I realize that I have done this whole pregnancy thing twice in the past three years and should be an old pro by now, but I still feel like it is all new this time. For one thing, being home with kids is much less forgiving than being at work with empathetic people when you are feeling icky, tired or blah.
For another, the physical toll on my poor little body seems so much greater this pregnancy. This is surprising since I worked retail my entire (up to the day before I delivered) pregnancy with Morgan, but carrying my 30 and 40 lb. kids up and down stairs and out to the car and restraining 2 giant dogs from loving people to death when they visit our house is catching up with me. I guess that helping to build a fence and garage in the hot hot sun hasn't helped much either.
And speaking of the hot hot sun...pregnancy has never caused my internal temperature to rise, but man, it is hot this summer (thanks for letting me get a/c Seth - bet you are glad you did)!
And finally, my first trip to the ER last night after blurred vision, left-side numbness and a bad headache got Seth worried enough to come home early and whisk me back to the hospital. After 4.5 hours, an entire IV, 3 warm blankets (thanks to a husband who knows his way around the ER), blood tests, a CT Scan and some headache meds, we finally made it back home (at 12:30 AM). The diagnosis: a migraine and a pre/mini-stroke type thing (Seth could give you the technical term), but symptoms had passed and all is well. So wierd! That has certainly never happened to me during pregnancy (or ever) before.
So, I hope you will bear with me as I journal all the craziness of this third pregnancy will all the wonder, complaining, and surprise of a first time mom over the next 7 months!
ADDENDUM 7/2 1:22 pm: Sorry if I worried anyone with this post... as I mentioned, all is now well! An ultrasound today showed a strong heartbeat and a perfectly growing blob (baby)! Another new thing about pregnancy this time around...morning sickness freaks kids out! Morgan saw me throwing up this morning and ran into the living room to seek solice on the couch. When I found his trembling little self we had a talk about how it is normal for mommy's to throw up when their belly has a baby in it. Unfortunately I think next time he throws up he will go around telling people he has a baby in his belly - I tried explaining, but it was just too confusing for his little mind!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Good gravy, Jen. Sorry for the drama. I hope you find some time to take it easy. It is really hot this summer, and working out in the heat isn't the best thing for a prego mommy, I'd say.
You can be management. Get some lemonade, sit in the shade, and direct affairs. Be like me...don't be a hero.:)
Jenni...I add i's to people's name when I'm worried. You poor thing..how scary. Good thing your hubby is a professional. Let me know if you need anything.
Wow Jen!!! You are such a trooper! Hope you continue to feel better!!
Yeah!!! Congratulations on the pregnancy! I know what you mean about pregnancy with other children and trying to sleep with young kids in a hotel room. I must say though it is all so worth it!
Post a Comment