Morgan has really gotten into gift-giving this year. He loves picking out presents for family and friends and is very thoughtful about choosing something they will like. He has been so selfless as we have gone out shopping and seems to really understand the spirit of giving. He gets so excited to wrap up the gifts so people can open them and can't wait to see them do so.
Today, I had the pleasure of helping him make a card to send with his gift to his cousin Alex and it really was a treat. He cut the green paper himself with regular and decorative scissors, glued everything to the card, wrote Alex's name (with a little help) and his own name (without help) and even colored the inside of the card. (Sorry for the preview, Nichol...at least the present is wrapped so it will be a surprise!)
I am so proud of all the skills he is developing in preschool and so glad to see his excitement for learning. He comes home so excited to practice writing his letters, using scissors to cut various shapes and even using glue (often when he should be taking a nap, to my dismay). If he is down in his room playing, there is a good chance he has gotten out the art supplies to write, color, cut and glue - just because he thinks it is fun!
I love the person he is becoming - his thoughtfulness and caring heart, his compassion and sensitivity for others, his meticulous interest in and memory for people's names, his excitement about prayer and reading scriptures and his desire to make everyone feel loved and included. I am so glad to be his Mom!







1 comment:
It's wrapped, so there really isn't any preview. Alex was excited about picking out Morgan's present too. But I did the wrapping when he was asleep, Teagan can be too helpful.
Post a Comment