On Monday the 8th, Grandma Becky and Grandpa John treated the kids (and Seth and me) to a ride on the Polar Express. The kids got to wear their jammies and Seth was sad that the adults didn't get to wear theirs - I'm a party pooper, I know. (Sidenote: Mom, you need to send me the pictures of all of us before boarding the train so I can post them!)

After picking up our tickets and boarding the train, we all snuggled into our seats to get "comfortable" - a term I use loosely and if you have ever been you know what I mean - and take some pictures. After everyone was on board, we headed out for the North Pole to pick up Santa Clause! We had hot chocolate and Mrs. Clause's chocolate-chip cookies served by elves and cooks, read The Polar Express and sang some Christmas songs.
Finally, out the window of the train we saw him - SANTA!!! He boarded our car (the caboose) first and the Kids were so excited to get to see him. Morgan didn't even say "hi" when he got to us, he just said, "I want a farm with anumals that make noises!" - maybe I had prepped him about what you tell Santa a little too well! Santa gave each of the kids a Christmas bell from his sleigh and then the elves came around and told us which reindeer each bell was from. Chloe didn't hand hers over, but Morgan's bell was from Dancer.




The ride home was much shorter which was good because the kids were getting pretty ansty. We sang Christmas carols and even had a visit from Mrs. Clause right as we were pulling into the station.

We had so much fun and the kids really enjoyed it. Thanks Grandma Becky and Grandpa John!!!
P.S. Sorry for all the random photo treatments - I have been having too much fun playing in photoshop!







No comments:
Post a Comment