Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mama

Our week has been crazy...
baby shower for darling sister-in-law at my house
Thanksgiving Dinner for our ward (close to 200 people)
Squeezing in a quick date to the temple
busy work schedule
busy school schedule
lots of cleaning
lots of shopping
lots of finishing touches

And then today was even crazier...
Teaching primary
Doing sharing time
Tithing Settlement
Tests and quizzes and papers due (for Seth)
Thanksgiving dinner for my dad's side of the family at my house
and lots and lots of snow falling outside

and I am totally worn out after all of it.
But tonight, we listed our Thankful Things in our Gratitude Journal like we do every night:
Seth was thankful for our amazing neighbor
I was thankful for church
Morgan was thankful for Playing Wii with his uncles
Chloe was thankful for magic wands
and as I went to put away the book I jokingly said,
"What are you thankful for, Brynnie?"
and you know what...
She dove toward me and nuzzled her head and said
"mama"

Plain and simple...
today was a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwwwww....the small things like that make all the craziness soooo sooo worth it! what a sweetie