Disclaimer: If you are a man and get uncomfortable reading words like pregnancy or breastfeeding, please skip this post to avoid any discomfort. When you develop the stamina to discuss these things without feeling awkward, feel free to revisit this post.
Ahhhhhh, the sweet relief of Excedrin. The wonderful individual(s) who received the divine inspiration to combine ibuprofen, aspirin and caffeine for headache relief deserves special blessings in heaven!
I don't like pregnancy for a lot of reasons, but up near the top of the list is the forced avoidance of this wonderful headache medicine. Then, after 9 months of wishing Tylenol actually did something to relieve your abundance of headaches (other than bringing you to the realization that there is nothing else to do about the headaches than just suffer through them, thus, forcing you to add "abundant yet untreatable headaches" the very long list of reasons why you wish you had looked into adoption), a little relief comes when, once again, you can take Advil. But, Advil, my friends, just doesn't kick headaches like Excedrin, which is still forbidden if you are nursing.
Some moms look at weaning as a sad thing, but not me! I was happy to nurse. I am grateful for the health benefits my kids have reaped. I am glad we didn't have to spend hundreds of dollars on formula. I am glad it is over - my long wait for headache relief, that is!
Notes: I know, I know, where is that inverse paranoid Jen spoken of yesterday? Pregnancy happens to be one of those things on that list of stuff I just can't seem to see the good in - other than the result of getting a darling little baby to enjoy afterward, of course. Also, don't be offended if you are reading this post and are the mother of a formula-fed baby or babies. I think formula is great and the best choice for a lot of families! I am just too cheap to fork out the $$$ for formula when my body has proven to be a capable ice cream factory!
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
Oh how I miss Excedrin. Asher is almost weaned and since I have had a headache for 4 days straight, I truly am looking foward to that relief!
I love Excedrin too. My headaches were so bad during pregnancy that I had to get a special pregnancy headache prescription, thank heavens for that.
For some weird reason I thought this post was going to end with you saying your were preggers again. I think I need better reading comprehension skills!
Jess
Wait, wait, please fill me in with this no excedrin thing? Have I taken excredrin since nursing? Hmmm? I didn't know it was a no no. How come?
Excedrin has asprin in it which transfers through breastmilk - thus forbidden when nursing (I don't think one time will cause any lasting damage though).
Post a Comment