Thursday, January 29, 2009

7 Days Old

I meant to post this yesterday, but it just didn't happen (I seem to be saying this about a lot of stuff lately - laundry, dishes, putting Chloe's dresser together, mopping the floors, taking a shower).

Yesterday was Brynn's 1 week birthday! It is all a little surreal still: I am a mother to 3 kids, I am not pregnant anymore - YAY, my little infant is growing bigger and getting more alert every day and it has already been a whole week with not nearly enough pictures to show for it! So yesterday, I dressed Brynn up in a clean outfit, made sure her bow was stuck to her head, and set up a little picture studio on my bed with some fabric I bought to make changing pad covers and some sheets for her bassinet. Here is our little Brynnie at 7 days old.

There isn't a whole lot to say about a 7 day old baby since life consists mostly of eat, poop, and sleep, but here is what I want to remember about her at one week. She is extremely alert for a newborn. She'll spend 30 minutes or so at a time with her eyes wide open, taking in the world! She loves to look intently at Morgan's, Seth's and my face. Just like Chloe, she smiled at me in the hospital and has done so many times since. Yesterday she laughed - two different times. I don't know what she thought was so funny, but she smiled and giggled audibly. So cute! She isn't quite sure what to think about Callie - she gets a quizical look on her face whenever Callie gets close enough to see. The noise and chaos of her older siblings doesn't bother her one bit - I guess she realized in the womb what she was getting into! Monday night, she only woke up once to eat - granted it took her an hour and a half and 2 diaper changes before she was "finished", but I felt like gold in the morning after all that sleep! Unfortunately, I think Monday night may have been a fluke because she has not done that well since! Today, as I was looking into her eyes, I realized that they are definitely blue - at least for now - beautiful deep blue! Most of all, it is so wierd to have a baby so small. I know she won't stay that way long now that she is on the "my mom makes ice cream" diet, so I am enjoying every second of it!

3 comments:

Jess said...

She is so gorgeous! I'm happy to read that people actually survive childbirth and are happy again. I know I've done it before but I was all freaked when I read about Brynn's birth....I'm not ready for number 3.

Camille said...

Congrats on her finally coming!!! She is a doll!!!

Anonymous said...

She is a beauty! You keep laying low! Loves...