Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Labor

Look at me being a devoted blogger - this post is coming to you from the labor and delivery room, IV'd wrist, epidural and all!

When I called at 6:00 this morning they told me to be here by 7:15 and by 7:30, I was in my gown and hooked up to the monitors. It is interesting how laid back I am with this baby compared to the previous two. Morgan had preschool this morning and niether of the kids are awake by 7:15, so I told Seth to stay in bed and I drove myself to the hospital and carried my own bags in, much to the surprise of the nurses.

By 8:30 they had me on pitocin got me my epidural around 11:45 and broke my water at about 12:45. I am not quite halfway to where we need to be to push, but things are progressing well and I am feeling pretty good. Baby sister (that's right, she still doesn't have a name) got a little excited about the prospect of joining the fam last night, so she kicked me all night long and I didn't get more than a couple of hours sleep, so I have been grateful to be able to catch a few short naps during the labor. I've also watched Legally Blonde, read my February Parents magazine and filled out a lot of paperwork...a fairly productive day for being confined to a bed.

So that's pretty much it...we'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Aania Gowans said...

Jen, I love it... I was just thinking of you all and hoping that you are progressing well. I cant wait to hear of all the good news! Good Luck! (It's funny I was just thinking how boring it is in the hospital, I will for sure be updating while I am there too)

Ryan and Staci said...

You are to funny....blogging from the labor room! Good luck with the pregnancy and I can't wait to see some pictures of this little girl. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the text! We couldn't be more thrilled about the news. We can't wait to hear what her name will be!