Monday, January 12, 2009

Pregnancy Update

I had an appointment today and we scheduled the induction for next Wednesday, January 21. I am dialated to a 1 1/2 so I am progressing well and these annoying contractions that are increasing in frequency are actually doing something other than causing me pain! I am measuring smaller, though, despite gaining weight (probably why I am always out of breath) which has my doctor (and in turn, me) worried that there may be a growth issue with the baby, so I go in on Wednesday for a diagnostic ultrasound to check on the baby and make sure everything is okay. If it turns out that there is a problem, I will probably be induced sooner.

After my appointment, I got a little freaked out that we will be having a baby in 9 days (at the most), so I am proud to announce that the baby girl clothes are down from storage and sorted into sizes (thanks Seth). Now, I just need to get a dresser so I have somewhere to put them and take down the Christmas decorations before I have my hands full!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I think I'm stressing out for you. Just a little bit. Then again I think I took down Christmas decorations only days before Dylan was born. You can do it!

nickle said...

Your measuring smaller, I'm larger (4+weeks) too bad we can't put them together and average it out.

Anonymous said...

That's great news that you get to be induced on Wed. I have no doubt in my mind that you will have everything prepared.

Mama Mimi said...

I will be watching for an update! Good luck with everything. I cannot wait to see pictures of the new little arrival!