In case you haven't realized this about us yet, we are major bargain shoppers and we love outdoor sports and activities. So, friends, the stars have aligned (as they do every year right around this time) and the REI Clearance sale started today. It was like black friday shopping reruns, except we had the kids with us.
We happened to go to REI earlier in the week and saw this adoreable snow hat that I had been eying for Chloe all season on sale. I tried it on her, it fit and I grasped it close as if it were gold so I could take it up and make the purchase, when Seth reminded me of the 50% clearance sale that would inevitably be coming soon and the nice lady who overheard us mentioned that it would start Friday (today). So, I slowly placed the hat back on the shelf - still not convinced I was willing to take the chance of it being gone by then - and we scoped out the stuff we wanted to come back and get. Many things caught our eye, so today we got up early and had the kids loaded in the car at 9:30 AM to be at REI before they opened at 10. It was a good thing we were early because there was an ever-growing line when we got there at 9:40 and they opened the doors at about 9:50.
We stocked up on next year's snow gear for all 3 kids, stuff that will fit baby sister so we can take her snowshoeing over the next couple of months, lots of cute and comfy shoes for the whole family at rediculously cheap prices, and other random odds and ends. It was so exciting! Anyway - if you need/want stuff from REI, go check it out! Enjoy!
Oh, and lest you worry, they still had the hat in Chloe's size - and a smaller one for baby sister - so I got both. Phew! My first "twinner sisters" purchase!!!
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
We WILL, REI is our favorite, especially for shoes. Thanks for the tip. You will have so much fun matching your girls clothes!
Post a Comment