I have the sweetest friends in the world. I have been feeling a little anti-social lately - which I'll blame on the pregnancy - and I haven't been feeling myself because of it. With the craziness of holidays and people going out of town, I took a hiatus from planning our local playgroup and girl's night outs and I had really noticed a void in my life.
Today was extra special because we had playgroup and Girl's Night Out for the first time in a few months, which was fantastic! I am so lucky to be surrounded by so many wonderful and amazing "mommy" friends whose kids my children adore. My sweet friend Mandy offered to plan the Girl's Night Out this month with the baby coming and to my complete surprise made the event a baby shower for me. I was totally surprised and it was so sweet of everyone to get me fully stocked for the baby!
So to all of you wonderful ladies - and you know who you are - the ones who were there and the ones who weren't - I just want you to know how much you mean to me and how grateful I am for your love and friendship! My life is richer and sweeter because you are a part of it! THANK YOU! I truly am blessed with sweet sweet friends!
(And, of course, thanks to my wonderful mom for making it possible for me to go to Girl's Night Out despite an irritable daughter with a fever and a little boy who didn't take a nap today! I almost decided not to go because the kids were having a rough afternoon - that would not have been good!)
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I am so sad we couldn't come to play group or the GNO...we had a babysitter but Spencer wouldn;t stop scremaing.
I was looking forward to it because you have been an amazing support for me this past year. I have your gift and maybe I'll send it with my mom if we don't make it there this week. I hope all goes well with the delivery and hopefully we will be non-contagious some time this year so we can come see the sweet new little girl.
Post a Comment