Thursday, April 23, 2009

This Outfit...

...caused an awful lot of drama at our house yesterday. Chloe saw it in her drawer when we were getting out clothes for the day, and said, "I want to wear my pretty outfit from Grandma Colleen". (sidenote: her birthday was in late March and we haven't talked about the outfit since, since it has been too cold. Apparently, there is nothing wrong with her memory!) Since it was finally warm...I dressed her in it, but it was a bit on the small side even though it was the size she normally wears. I told her it was too small and we would go get the right size at Costco, as I took it off of her.

Then it started: kicking, screaming, crying, "I want to wear my pretty outfit from Grandma Colleen," in between sobs, arched back, and the whole bit...for more than 30 minutes! I tried distraction, I tried bribery, I tried reasoning (all things that normally work) but she would have none of it! So, I managed to pry a dress onto her body and load her in the car so we could go exchange the outfit for the right size...praying all the way that they would have it! We had to make a couple of other stops along the way since it wasn't even 10:00 yet, and at every one, she said. "No! Costco!" Luckily, Costco had the same outfit in her size, whew! When we got home we changed her into her pretty outfit from Grandma Colleen and she wore it the rest of the day and to bed. She looked super cute in it and she definitely liked her present from Grandma...maybe a little more than I would have liked! Oh little attitude...I don't know if I will survive you through Chloe's teenage years...in fact, I don't know if I will survive you during her toddler years!

No comments: