Friday, April 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Seth!

Today is the big 29 for Seth! He had to work all day - so we went out to Birthday Breakfast with my Mom and John this morning. Seth got very spoiled and was surprised by every gift despite his best efforts yesterday at getting the secrets out of Morgan. I have not kept ALL of the presents a secret yet, so this was a very exciting accomplishment! I guess it is a lot easier to keep things under wraps when we only see each other in passing and for a couple of minutes before falling fast asleep!
But, I think the best present of all was the card that Morgan made for him. I wrote happy birthday on some scratch paper for him and then off he went to do the whole card himself while I worked on the card from me. He wrote out "Happy Birthday (with a few shorter versions - which he also included on the card) Dad (heart), Morgan" and cut each phrase out and glued it on the big card. Then he drew a picture of Dad and Morgan on the front of the card and labeled them so Daddy would know who it was. Chloe made a card for him too, scribbling on her paper as she said "D - A - D" just like her big brother, but I didn't capture a good picture of it. The kids each picked out a Wii game for him (we helped Brynn pick one while she dreamed away), and my family and I got him a camera flash that he has been wanting for a while. He had lots of help opening his presents, and he was actually surprised by every gift he got, which is a first...and a miracle since he was quizzing Morgan yesterday to try and figure out what he was getting! With my help, Morgan kept the secret safe!


So, Happy Birthday to the best husband, father, friend, entertainer, adventurer, handy man, tickle monster, book-reader and cuddler that this little family could ask for!
LOVE YOU SWEETIE!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Seth! The card Morgan made was so cute! If you need any help let me know!