This morning at 6:38, two young kids came bounding into my bedroom and onto my bed. After wondering why in the flip they were up so dang early (and yes those were the exact words of my thoughts) I turned on the rest of Peter Pan so I didn't have to be coherent quite yet. We said family prayer and Seth was off to work. Both kids asked if I would go get Brynnie so they could see her and I told both of them they would have to wait until she woke up on her own - which was closer to 8:00.
By 8:15 I had all of the kids fed, bathed, dressed, and ready to get out the door to the gym by 8:45 - and nobody had dumped - I mean spilled - their cereal bowl all over the table and floor. Yep, it was pretty much a miracle!
When we got home from the gym, the kids played nicely together while I took a shower, got ready for the day, and fed Brynn again and then we were off to the backyard to enjoy the beautiful weather. I added a few coats of paint to a few of my refinishing projects while the kids rode around in their cozy coupes - filling up with gas and delivering mail - and despite a few way too close calls, nobody ended up covered in paint!
It got less unusual and more chaotic from there when I couldn't find my keys or phone, Brynn spit up all over her car seat, and Chloe went downstairs - all right as we were heading out the door to meet my mom for lunch, but all in all it has been a very unusual really normal morning around here!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment