After a total of 3 hours sleep last night - and not in a row, I am officially seeking serious help from anyone out there who has successfully combined a toddler and preschooler into the same room. What did you do? How did you do it? Will the waking each other up thing ever end? Any resources you suggest? If you haven't, do you know anyone who has? I am getting desparate!
For the sake of letting the kids get enough rest to get over their colds, I have been letting Chloe fall asleep in Brynn's crib while Morgan does the flop game to go to sleep and then moving Chloe down to their shared room when he is sleeping soundly. The problem is that if anyone wakes up at night, they don't know how to go back to sleep with each other in the room and Brynn is sound asleep in the crib. Also, I realize that this is not teaching them to fall asleep on their own and it is creating interrupted sleep for Chloe and it is a giant pain in the butt!
HELP!
On a positive sleep note...Brynn slept 7 1/2 hours in a row last night! Yay Brynnie! Now, if only I could get the older kids to go to sleep and stay asleep...
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Oh Jen! I don't know how you do it. I wish that they bottled patience and sold it at the supermarket! From a mom who had a horrible sleeping baby - I know how you feel. It is hard to cope in the day with little sleep... that is when patience is out the window. You should just move Brynn back in your room for now and leave Chloe and Morgan in their own rooms. Remember - I am the mom who had to take their baby to a sleep specialist because at 13 months she was still waking up between 5 and 8 times a night. I say - just do what you have to do to get sleep!
And I think you need a date night with your husband. Go out to dinner or something. :) I wish you lived closer - Faith would love for Chloe and Morgan to come and play!
Not that we have moved the boys into the same room yet. But I would have to agree. About just getting your own sleep however you have to do it. If that means pulling Chloe out, you might want to do it for your sake. Also you might try a sheet or shower curtain to give them separate sleeping areas. Maybe they just have a hard time cause they can see each other/ know that they are there. Hopefully you'll be able to find some sleep and soon.
Post a Comment