The inspiration for this post comes from a recent post by my sister-in-law about why she loves living in North Carolina. Today I have been pondering some wonderful things about living in SLC, UT so here goes (this post is for you, Ruth)! Don't worry, I stopped my IHEARTSLC brian dump at 20.
1. The seasons - not only do we have 4 distinct seasons, but you always have another season to look forward too when you get sick of one (not that I don't love you winter, but bring on spring!)
2. The variety of recreational activities - you can scuba dive, snow ski and water ski all in one day - where else is that possible?
3. I could get to at least 3 (soon to be more) temples in about 30 minutes.
4. There is a distribution center 10 minutes away (close to all my other shopping, mind you).
5. Temple square - lights for Christmas, Tabernacle Choir performances, flowers in the spring, apostles and prophets giving devotionals, etc.
6. I could walk the outside border of my ward in well under an hour (with dogs and kids - unless, all of my neighbors were out - in which case it could take all day, and I love that too!)
7. Knowing the difference between a mountain and a hill
8. Mountains - and the hiking, biking, camping, snowshoing, skiing, canoeing, backpacking, etc. that comes with them!
9. Snowtopped peaks on a sunny day
10. No humidity! When you do your hair and walk outside, it still looks done!
11. The family friendly atmosphere - friendly people, lots of kids, lots of kid-friendly venues
12. The University of Utah (my alma mater)
13. Variety of recreational options - swimming, boating, the beach (sure it is around lakes, but sand next to water = beach!), mountain sports above, fishing, horseback riding, paragliding, hot air ballooning, outdoor skating, etc, etc.
14. Free concerts in the summer
15. "LDS Pop" music concerts
16. You can live 15 minutes from downtown in a wonderfully rural area!
17. 10 scrapbooking stores in walking distance!
18. You can actually park your car downtown (have you ever been to Seattle or Washington D.C. - GOOD LUCK!)
19. 3 hopsitals in a 15 minute radius of my house (my hubby is a nurse, these things are important)!
20. And, most important of all - the family and friends that surround us - and what could be better than that?
So...what do you love about living in Salt Lake (you can comment even if you don't currently live here)?
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
The thing that I love about living in Salt Lake is...JEN!!! You are so sweet. I love you so much. This made me smile the entire time I read it. You are right. That is why I called you today, you are my optimist! Thanks again for watching the kids tonight. It really means alot to us and we had a really fun evening! Luvs...
I love Salt Lake Too!!!! I love the mountains, the seasons, the Mormons... hee hee. My mom lived in North Carolina and it was beautiful, but the people were VERY closed minded about mormons. It was hard sometimes. People in New York didn't even know what a Mormon was.... I do like being in the Heart of the church, but having the diversity of all different religious types around me.
I loved this! Thank you! I love Salt Lake because all of my family and friends are close!
I loved all of your reasons. And I'm seriously considering trying out the water skiing and snow skiing in the same day. While I am scuba certified, there's not much to see around here
I've never done it myself, but we have some friends that do an annual "ski, ski, scuba" where they hit all three in one day! Not sure where they scuba (I'm not certified yet either), but make sure you wear a wet suit for the waterski!
Post a Comment