Saturday, March 8, 2008
Noticing the Little Things
My sweet Grandpa Bell was recently diagnosed with colon and lung cancer and placed in a hospice care center to spend his remaining time on this earth. The care center is right on the way from my house to my mom's, so we pass by often. This week, we went to visit him and now Morgan waves and says, "Hi, Grandpa Bell" everytime we pass by. Because I have driven that route so many times, I often go into auto-pilot and don't notice the landmarks along the way. But, Morgan notices everything, and takes the time to be caring, compassionate or thankful. I have a renewed commitment to apply this lesson, learned from my not-quite-three-year-old, and appreciate the little, seemingly unimportant things around me, to recognize opportunities to show caring and compassion and to be thankful for the many blessings in my life.
Labels:
Random Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I'm so sorry about your grandpa. It's so hard to think about family members who've been a part of you all your life. Your family is in our prayers.
Post a Comment